In this competition, we are looking for your best wildlife photos! Please note that we will not be accepting photos of pets or photos that are obviously taken in zoos, aquariums, aviaries or other captive settings. We do allow images that have been retouched and minor edits, though pictures that have been obviously overprocessed may be rejected. You have until midnight (BST) 27th October 2020 to enter. Please allow some time for your entries to be checked before being added to the gallery.
Please rate photos that have been added to the gallery already. Users will be able to rate the photos entered for 1 week after the closing date for the competition.
The top 10 highest rated photos will be given to our judges to be critiqued. The judges will choose their favourite of those 10 and the winner will receive the prestigious YELLOW BEANIE!
In this competition, we ask users to rate each photo out of 5 stars. The rating system is as follows:
1- Poor: An OK effort for someone who is starting out but not an image you would shout about.
2- OK: Has some elements that make this a good photo but nothing special.
3- Good: Shows skill and could make money from their work.
4- Pro: Of a definite professional standard that you’d be happy to pay for.
5- World-class: An image that belongs on the cover of a magazine or international ad campaign.
Our system flags suspicious voting. The Shutter Nutters administrators reserve the right to remove ratings that are deemed to be non-genuine or tactical.
- You must own any image you upload as part of this competition.
- You must have taken the photograph yourself.
- The photos must have been obtained legally.
- Nudes are allowed in our competitions so long as you have consent to publish the photo from the model, the model must be at least 18 years of age.
- You may enter a maximum of 3 photos into this competition.
- Whilst you retain rights to your images, we may use them on social media posts/ website post/ videos. We always credit the photographer when we do this.